Donate/JoinThe Grand Ledge Opera House appreciates all of our generous donors! To donate to the Opera House, either to one of our ongoing campaigns, to honor a family member, or in memoriam of a local hero to our community, simply Click Here and choose how you would like to donate.Did you know...?
- The Opera House is not a city-owned or managed property and receives no public funding. It is a non-profit 501 c(3) organization.
- Annually the Opera House hosts over 400 events with an average yearly attendance of 38,000 people.
- The Opera House became a state-recognized historical site in 1995. The state marker titled “Blake’s Opera House” is located on the North-West corner of the front facade.
- The Opera House supports many local non-profit organizations throughout the Grand Ledge area by offering reduced rental rates, donations to local charities, and free meeting space in the Blake Room.
- The Opera House is the home of the Lansing Michigan Theater Barton Pipe Organ!
The Friends of the Opera House Mission Statement:
♦To increase community involvement and appreciation of the Opera House
♦To encourage greater utilization of the Opera House facilities for public meetings, private social
events and community organizations
♦To offer a variety of cultural events that will be of interest to the people in the local Grand Ledge
area and greater Lansing community.
♦To vigorously plan for and implement programs that will ensure the vitality of the Opera House
for future generations
Join the Friends of the Opera House at any of the tax-deductible levels and
become a part of the exciting effort to preserve our past and enhance the future!